I can remember the anticipation building inside me awaiting the delivery
of my first Eye Hortilux 1000 watt Hps Double Ended lamp. I am not one to take
manufacturer claims at first value so I have to test everything.
I compared that lamp against many other bulbs and Eye Hortilux 1000 watt Hps Double
Ended lamp came through outperforming all the other brands that I had tried.
In most cases there wasn't even a close match comparing end weights and overall quality
of the bud.
Now Eye Hortilux has come out with their version of a double ended
bulb, no they weren't first in the race to get double ends to the grower
but perhaps they may have brought one of the best lamps yet to market.
This bulb will sun drench your plants with an exuberance of useable radiation,
the radiation that your plants need to produce an awesome end product.
HORTILUX Double Ended HPS $99.00 each
EYE HORTILUX Double Ended (DE) High Pressure Sodium grow lamps offer a reliable light source capable of producing consistently high yields through many growth cycles. The exclusive EYE HORTILUX DE spectrum provides 1950 μmol of photosynthetic photon flux (PPF) when operated at 1000w and 2100 μmol when operated at 1150w. PAR μmol are measured between 400 and 700 nanometers. PLEASE READ DIRECTIONS BEFORE INSTALLING YOUR NEW EYE HORTILUX DE HPS.
- Produces noticeably bigger, fuller flowers and overall heavier yields
- Maintains results after multiple growth cycles, saving you time and money
- Produces more spectral balance for increased plant response and accelerated growth
- Available wattages: 1000w
- Exclusive EYE HORTILUX Spectrum promotes bigger, fuller flower growth with higher quality yields.
- Provides 1950 µmol when operated at 1000w.
- Provides 2100 µmol when operated at 1150w.
- Compatible with e-Ballasts which operate at or above 100 kHz.
- Unique coiled support frame allows for expansion and contraction of the arc tube during operation
- Patent pending lead wires provides a sturdy lamp for safer connection within the DE socket
- Packaging includes a glove for safe handling of the quartz glass lamp
- One-year warranty from the date of purchase
- The ONLY DE lamp Made in the USA
- Each DE lamp is operated and tested for consistent operating voltage before they ship
- HORTILUX DE lamps are life tested over thousands of hours to ensure quality and reliability
- One-year warranty
- Do NOT handle lamp with bare hands – Use protective glove included in packaging
- Follow installation instructions printed inside the packaging or listed below
- For best performance, power EYE HORTILUX HPS DE with EYE HORTILUX electronic ballasts
- Do NOT power EYE HORTILUX DE HPS with electronic ballasts operating below 100 kHz as premature lamp failure can result
- Lamp operates in a horizontal burning position
- Must start 1000w DE lamp at 1000w setting
- Do NOT air cool the lamp as reduced light output will occur
- Overdriving the lamp can cause a rapid drop in intensity over time and/or premature lamp failure
- Completely lead-free
- Meets Federal EPA standards as non-hazardous
- Meets Toxicity Characteristic Leaching Procedure (TCLP) test criteria as non-hazardous waste
- Lamp watts: 1000
- MSRP: $149.95
- Replacement for Optimum Growth: 10-11 months
- Replacement for Average Growth: 11-12 months
- Replacement for Maintenance Growth: 13-14 months
- Initial Lumens: 155,000
- Color Temperature: 1950
- Warm-up time: 5
- Hot Re-strike Time: 15
- Lamp Wattage: 1000
- MSRP: 149.95
- Fixture Requirement: Open
- ANSI Code: N/A
- eBallast Compatible (Y/N): Yes
- Operating Position: Horizontal
- Ballast Operating Frequency: > 100 kHz
Get Quality Double Ended Grow Lights Today
Why You Shouldn’t Dim Your Grow Lights
Your grow lights are not like your typical household lights. Your plants depend on indoor grow lamps to be operating at 100 percent in order to get the full benefit of your bulb's light spectrum.
Dimming does more than darken the room; it shrinks the overall effectiveness of a custom light spectrum. Light spectrums are specifically designed to provide the right wavelengths of energy for your plants. A dimmed light won’t provide the same exclusive spectral distribution and can change the quality of plant growth.
The Effects of Dimming Your Grow Lights
It’s understandable that some growers may want to dim their grow lights, but it’s best to keep your lamps at full power. Ultimately, it’s better to use a 600 watt grow lamp running at full power than to dim a 1000 watt bulb.
Learn more grow light tips in our Indoor Grow Guide to find out more useful information about indoor gardening and grow light management.
- See more at: http://www.eyehortilux.com/blog/post/to-dim-or-not-to-dim#continue